Klamath County has 63 Special Districts, 41 have elected positions, 3 of which are filed with other Oregon Counties.
Special District Elections are held every 2 years in May.
Qualifications for Special District Positions (pdf)
Election: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Timelines for filing:
- First day for a candidate to file: Monday, February 06, 2023
- Last day for a candidate to file: Thursday, March 16, 2023
Form for Filing
- SEL 190: Filing of Candidacy for Special District Nomination
- Filing fee is $10.00, if wish to file by petition (gather signatures) fill out SEL 190 and collect signatures on SEL 121.
- Make sure the complete district name and position number is listed on all forms for submission.
- If filing by signatures, please call our office, as amount of signatures varies by district (Candidates Manual p.23)
- All candidate filing forms need to be filed directly with the County Clerk's Office at 305 Main Street.