Special District Election - May 18, 2021
- First day for a candidate to file: February 06, 2021
- Last day for a candidate to file: March 18, 2021
- SEL 190: Filing of Candidacy for Special District Nomination
- Filing fee is $10.00, if wish to file by petition (gather signatures) fill out SEL 190 and collect signatures on SEL 121.
- Make sure the complete district name and position number is listed on all forms for submission.
- All candidate filing forms need to be filed directly with the County Clerk's Office at 305 Main Street.
View the SOS Candidates Manual.
The Campaign Finance Manual, including forms, can be found on the SOS website. Contact the SOS for any questions you may have regarding your campaign finance reporting.
Voters’ Pamphlet (VP)
Everything must be received by the state no later than (not available for this election).
All materials for the VP are filed with the SOS Office in Salem. If you want to be included in the VP published by the state, you must pay $600 or collect 200 valid signatures. All filings must be filed electronically using ORESTAR.
- To file by fee, file electronically using “ORESTAR” and submit $600.
- To file by verified signatures, file your statement electronically using “ORESTAR” stating that you will be gathering signatures. After the forms are approved, the state will email your signature sheet to make copies of for gathering signatures. After signatures are gathered, they will be returned to the County Clerk’s Office (our office) for verification. After the signatures are verified, the originals will be returned to you to submit to the state. Please read the State Voters’ Pamphlet Manual.