Klamath County Public Health-
Environmental Health

Licensed Facilities

Program Contact: Ramona Quinn
Email rquinn@co.klamath.or.us

Klamath County Environmental Health licenses restaurants and other public food service facilities such as temporary restaurants (food booths at public events) and mobile food units (hot dog carts, coffee stands, etc).

Temporary Events
Temporary Event Application
General information for restaurant and bed and breakfast owners
Complaint Form
Current Plan Review Packet
Bed and Breakfasts
FDA food code

Mobile Units

A mobile food unit is defined in OAR 333-162-0000(31) as “…any vehicle that is self-propelled, or which can be pushed or pulled down a sidewalk, street or highway, on which food is prepared, processed or converted, or which is used in selling and dispensing food to the ultimate consumer.” There is no size limit to mobile food units, except they must meet the following requirements:

  • The unit must be a vehicle and not require a special permit from the Oregon Department of Transportation to be moved.
  • Mobile food units must be mobile at all times during operation. There is no requirement to move the unit at specific intervals, however, the unit must be on wheels at all times and have no permanent connections to any utility service (including water, sewer, or electric).
  • The unit and all operations and equipment must be integral to the unit. This precludes the use of a barbecue with a Class III or IV unit, nor the use of 12 cubic feet of storage on any class of unit.

There are four types of mobile food units. The mobile food unit classifications are based upon the type of menu served.

CLASS I – These units can sell only intact prepackaged foods and dispense nonperishable beverages. No dispensed ice is allowed. No preparation or assembly of food items is allowed.

CLASS II – These units may dispense unpackaged foods. However, no cooking, preparation or assembly of foods is allowed on the unit.

CLASS III – These units may cook, prepare and assemble food items. However, no rawto-finish cooking of animal foods is allowed on the unit.

CLASS IV – These units may serve a full menu.

Please keep in mind any change in the menu must be approved by the health department.

Mobile Unit Forms
Plan review packet  
Rules packet
Commissary Agreement
Notice of Mobile Movement 
Application Form


Traveler’s Accommodations
Motel/Hotel Rules
RV Park Rules
Application Form
Bed and Breakfasts

Organizational Camps
Restaurant Rules 
Application Form

Pools & Spas
Pool rules
Spa rules
Fecal Accident
Spa & Pool Record sheet
Change of ownership application