Klamath County Public Health-
Environmental Health

Food Handler Certification

Contact: Darlene Sheldon

Anytime you are serving food to the public, you need a food handler card. Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.

Food handler card are obtained in Oregon are accepted in all Oregon counties. Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Oregon.

Cost: $10.00, valid for three years

How to get a card:
You must past a Food Handler test with at least a 75%.

Food Handler Tests are available online here.

Food Handler Tests are available in person at the Public Health Building (3314 Vandenberg Rd.) on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM or by appointment.

Need a Replacement Card?
If you received your card from Klamath County Environmental Health, come into our office at 3314 Vandenberg Rd. and receive a replacement card for $5.00. If you received your card online, contact the entity you received your card from.


Food Handler Booklet
Choking First Aid
Oregon Administrative Rules