Klamath County District Attorney
The Klamath County Victim/Witness Services Department in the Klamath County District Attorney’s Office assists and provides information to victims and witnesses involved in a criminal case. Listed below are the types of services and information they may assist you with.
The Klamath County Victim/Witness Services Department provides the following services and information:
- Provide ongoing case status information to all victims of crime and facilitate involvement when possible with the handling of the criminal case.
- Assist victims with the return of any recovered or seized property.
- Assist crime victims with Crime Victims Compensation applications. Information and applications are provided regarding the compensations program and to referral agencies in the community.
- Prepare victims and witnesses for court appearances, provide support during these appearances and help with any problems that may arise
- Participate and encourage public awareness regarding the issues surrounding crime victims.
- Provide referrals to agencies for crime victims in need of services or assistance.
- Provide information to crime victims concerning restitution which includes, explaining the procedures involved with the collection of restitution, preparing victims for restitution hearings when necessary, and assisting the victim with the completion of the restitution forms.
- Maintain an active network with other agencies that may offer assistance to victims of crime.
- Seek to alleviate the distress of the crime victim by addressing individual needs.
Please contact Victim/Witness Services for more information:
Klamath County District Attorney's Office
316 Main Street
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
Phone: (541) 883-5147
Fax: (541) 883-5107