Commission on Children and Families
What is the Commission on Children & Families?
The Klamath County Commission on Children and Families (KCCF) is part of the Oregon State Commission on Children and Families. We are an advisory board made up of 16 local volunteers who make recommendations regarding children and families to the Klamath County Board of Commissioners.
It's our job to make sure that State and local resources are used in the best way possible to assist our community's children and families thrive. We do that by bringing citizens and organizations together to implement planning and programs.
- Safe and Healthy Families
- Reduce poverty
- Reduce child maltreatment
- Improve prenatal care
- Reduce alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use during pregnancy
- Increase child care availability
- Increase readiness to learn
Positive Youth Development:
- Decrease teen alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use
- Decrease juvenile arrests
- Reduce juvenile recidivism
- Reduce teen pregnancy
- Decrease youth suicide
- Reduce high school drop out rate
- Increase community engagement