Klamath County Board of Commissioners
- Klamath County needs to build on and maintain agricultural base and encourage the government to free up timber resources. I totally support Greg Walden in his efforts to get the timberland management back into the hands of the State of Oregon and Klamath County.
- I will work towards creating an environment that encourages new businesses to locate here.
- Through the years I have worked with hundreds of employees, building relationships and mutual respect between employer and employee. Openness and honesty without fear of retribution is essential to having motivated people in our county government.
- I intend to manage the budget with the facts that are at hand and produce a policy that will bridge this economic down turn and give us something to anticipate for the counties future. Logic, fairness and trust are key to realistic goals.
- KBRA has been a very hot topic, in my estimation there has never been an agreement. Not all stakeholders were involved in the solution and there was never a meeting of the minds. We need to forget about dam removal and concentrate on a new agreement that works for all of the people.
JIM IS DEDICATED TO KLAMATH COUNTY
- Resident since 1948
- Graduated from Henley High School
- Graduated from Oregon State University with BS degree in Business.
- Owned & Operated Bellet construction with wife Sherry for 40 years.
- Past Charter Board Member Klamath Community College
- Board Member Ross Ragland Theater
- Past President Klamath County Rotary Club
- Charter Board Member & Past President Oregon Pilot Association Klamath Chapter
- Past Oregon State President Oregon Pilots Association
- Past President Klamath Chapter Associated General Contractors
- Republican Party Precinct Committeeman