Local Public Safety Coordinating Council
Klamath County's Local Public Safety Coordinating Council (LPSCC) was established by Senate Bill 1145 (1995) to coordinate local criminal justice policy among affected criminal justice entities and since 2014, develop and approve their county's Justice Reinvestment Grant Program. Justice Reinvestment Grant program
To carry out this mission, the LPSCC holds meetings on the first Wednesday of every month. The Bylaws of the LPSCC indentify the vision, mission, purpose and principles that the LPSCC abides by. The bylaws also govern the way the group functions as well as the roles and responsibilities of its officers.
- The professional judgment of criminal justice decision-makers is enhanced when informed by evidence-based knowledge.
- Every point of interaction on the criminal justice system offers an opportunity for harm reduction.
- Systems achieve better outcomes when they operate collaboratively.
- The criminal justice system will continually learn and improve when professional make decision based on collection, analysis and use of data and other information.
WHO ARE WE?
The Local Public Safety Coordinating Council includes decision makers from among criminal justice and related entities. ORS 423.560 outlines a requirement membership of the LPSCC, however Klamath County has added additional community members beyond the statutory requirement. A list of the "Statutorily Required" members can be found .
DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
- Klamath County LPSCC Bylaws
- LSPCC ORS's
- Adult Community Corrections Plan
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Plan
- Justice Reinvestment Project Summary and Budget
- District Attorney, Sheriff, Klamath County 911, City police
- Klamath County Circuit Court
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- Sky Lakes Medical Center
- Klamath Tribes
- Community Victim Services
Local Public Safety Coordinating CouncilPhysical Address
Klamath County Courthouse
316 Main Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
First Wednesday of each month
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Klamath County Community Corrections
3203 Vandenberg Road, 2nd Floor Conference Room
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
The Calendar for Future Meeting can be found HERE.
Agendas and Meeting Minutes can be found HERE.
For Agendas and Minutes prior to February 2018, please contact the LPSCC Office at the number above.
Robert MulcarePublic Safety Coordinator