Food Handlers

Food Handlers Card

Anytime you are serving food to the public, you need a food handler card. Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.

Food handler card are obtained in Oregon and are accepted in all Oregon counties. Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Oregon. The cost of a card is $10, and cards are valid for three years

How to Get a Card

You must pass a Food Handler test with at least a 75%. Food Handler Tests are available online.

Food Handler Tests are available in person at the Public Health Building on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 3 to 4:30 p.m. or by appointment.

Getting a Replacement Card

If you received your card from Klamath County Environmental Health, come into our office and receive a replacement card for $5. If you received your card online, contact the entity you received your card from.